A cough is an impulse of our body, caused by the need to keep the throat and airways clear, however, when a cough is persistent it may be caused by some disease or disorder.
When a cough is acute or chronic, it can be caused by different respiratory or lung conditions, such as asthma and bronchitis, sometimes coughing excess causes fatigue and irritation and many times the natural remedies serve to calm it and even to prevent it because sometimes they are good to avoid diseases.
Sometimes, diseases such as asthma, bronchitis, allergies, smoking cigarettes and other infections and lung disorders often cause coughing, this time we want to put at your disposal a home remedy that will help you to fight a cough.
Natural remedy to fight a cough
To fight a cough caused by problems and respiratory infections, asthma, bronchial or lung problems today we talk about a very popular and traditional home remedy that will help you.
To prepare this home remedy and thus fight a cough you must get the following ingredients:
- Red or purple onion (half of a median).
- Mascabado sugar (1/2 kilo) this is the sugar that is obtained from panela
- Lemon (2 the average size).
- Mineral or filtered water (6 cups or ½ liter).
- Organic honey (7 tablespoons)
For its preparation you must follow the following instructions:
- Heat the sugar over medium heat in a large skillet until it turns golden, stirring constantly.
- When the sugar turns golden add the half onion, which should be cut into slices before putting it in the pan, let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the six or half liter cups of mineral or filtered water and let it boil until the water is reduced a little, at least 1/3 of the water originally placed.
- Let it rest until it cools and add the juice of the lemons together with the raw organic honey and mix very well.
- It is important to let it rest for a day, in the fridge, and then strain and reserve for use in a glass container with a lid to preserve it as best as possible, remember that without artificial preservatives, although it is better for our organism, it must be manipulated and stored more carefully.
The benefits of this remedy are in its main ingredient, which is the purple onion, because it provides the body Vitamin C, potassium, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, antioxidants, anthocyanins and quercetin, which provide many benefits to our health in general, not only in the respiratory part, to which we emphasize in this article.
To start using this home remedy and fight coughing it is important that you take two tablespoons, one before each meal and another when you finish eating, this remedy can be consumed until you feel that you have improved.
This natural medicine can be taken even by children, only that the portions must be smaller, it will be enough with a teaspoon before and after each meal.
For any consequences, GoNatureLife won’t be held responsible. With respect